Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) starts with curiosity. Curiosity as to how situations work – or don’t work. It is a method of influencing the brain’s behaviour using language and other types of communication, enabling recoding of the way in which the brain responds to stimuli, which in turn leads to new and better behaviours.
Many of our fears are tissue paper thin, and a single courageous step, would carry us clear of themBrendan Behan, Irish author
NLP has been developed through analysing strategies, attitudes and attributes of individuals who are exceptional in their field, and transferring these skills into techniques, tasks and attitude development, using NLP training. NLP develops physical strategies, combining aspects of linguistics, hypnosis, behavioural psychology and modelling. It explores attitudes that succeed, formulating techniques that can then be applied and integrated into individual and business contexts. It is a powerful vehicle for change – both personal and business – and is used in many milieux, by thousands of people, around the world.
One can now see examples of early NLP thinking in many areas of performance development, such as sales, coaching/sports and change management. Top performers in a range of fields including athletics, sport and entertainment, use these techniques to enhance functioning and to ensure they operate at their highest possible level.
Using similar techniques, NLP can help YOU to achieve better personal and business results, consistently. Not only is it about enhancing your thinking and attitude, it helps you to let go of learned behaviours that you may be holding onto in your subconscious mind and which may be holding you back and impacting on your ability to have a more effective and satisfying life.
The Unique NLP Approach
In the hands of experienced practitioners, NLP can produce immediate, astonishing results. It differs from other therapies in that:
- It is not a set of abstract theories – it utilises practical tools.
- It is derived from “best practice”, drawing on the experience of change experts.
- It explores how we connect to the world, our sensory memory bank and our experiential memory in mind and body.
- It facilitates reaching goals more quickly by connecting the conscious and the unconscious mind, helping discover untapped potential and combining thinking on an emotional, sensory and intuitive level.
- In addition to learning new behaviours, it enables clients to let go of old, unproductive, learned behaviours.
Best results with NLP are achieved in one to one training and coaching. This involves personal goal setting and the honing of new attitudes and skills, which can be applied to both your personal life and career and will stay with you moving forwards. Clients typically report feeling much more motivated and excited about their future as a result of their experience – and this has manifested itself in concrete examples such as significant career promotions, increases in earnings, starting their own successful businesses, overcoming frustrating barriers in personal and work relationships….and much more!
Whilst each programme is individually tailored, there are four operational principles that underpin every programme, namely:
- Know what outcome you want to achieve.
- Have sufficient sensory acuity (clear understanding) to know if you are moving towards or away from your outcome.
- Have sufficient flexibility of behaviour so that you can vary your behaviour until you get your outcome.
- Take action now.
During NLP training, you will be set specific outcomes, as one of its most important aspects is to stress the importance of living with “conscious purpose”. You will be taught to act and speak in certain ways to achieve the outcomes you desire, using techniques that have been proven to be highly effective in enabling change. However, an important part of the process is continuous calibration of the people with whom you are interacting, to establish whether the behaviours are working or not. If it’s not, then you vary your behaviour until you achieve the desired outcome. In short, NLP is about thinking observing and doing….to get what you want out of life.
In a nutshell, in your training with me you will learn:
- Goal setting, and strategies to achieve them
- Relationships and influencing
- Tailored Stress Management
- become the “de-stressed” version of yourself!
Find out more about NLP Training